Pages

Sunday, May 31, 2009

More Weekend Food

Friday after work I stopped by Target to pick up some essentials, and as I was perusing the food pantry section, I saw JIFFY corn muffin mix for 52 cents. What a steal-y deal!

I decided to improve on the recipe found on the back of the 1930s designed JIFFY box and added in corn, jalapeƱos, cheddar and a tablespoon of honey. Here are the results from the Sunday afternoon simple baking project:

L-R: Baked corn muffins; corn, cheddar and jalapeƱos; batter in paper cups

A few of the Baked Corn Muffins

And while I may be on a baking frenzy, I do also cook on the side. Over the weekend I decided to stirfry some chicken. My stir-frys always include lots of different sauces and ingredients - as an example, just for the meat marinade I use oyster sauce, soy sauce, minced ginger, some garlic, rice wine, corn starch ... but not a lot of each ...

Some Stir-Fry With Tender Chicken

0 thoughts: