Pages

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Picnic in the Park

As part of the Sarah Sendoff Series, I thought it would be fun to have a picnic in Central Park on a Sunny Spring Sunday. A group of us met promptly at 1pm with food and blankets at 86th and Central Park West.

The weather was almost picnic perfect with sun, a slight breeze and a hint of coolness. We people-watched kids on scooters, park runners and roller bladers and parents and kids throwing around footballs and soccerballs.

And while I've been munching on cake three days in a row now, I didn't hesitate to have a mouthful of the delicious cake Davis brought that took longer than expected to bake. On Friday we had an office May birthday cake celebration with Coldstone's Peanut Butter Playground and Crumbs cupcakes; last night at Danielle's bday, I munched on bite-sized cupcakes. Back to Davis' cake - the not-so secret ingredient he used was buttermilk to keep cake super moist.

Nora brought even more food: turkey, tomatoes, port salut cheese and french bread. Jaimin's vegetable samosas were good of course (Whole Foods). Miriam brought vino, and with that our spread was complete. With all that food, laughter and conversation, it was just fabulous.

And what's a picnic without some pics (portrait style):

(Top to Bottom) Sample Nibblets: Cheesy biscuits; vegetable samosas; chocolate cake (missing molten); cutie clementines
Learning to Juggle, Two Balls at a Time
Nora and I Wearing Matching I Y NY Tees
As an aside, I'm starting to get used to my new pocket cam. I still need to use it a lot more to be even more familiar with it's functionality.

2 thoughts:

I like the food collages! Look really nice and tasteful.