Pages

Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Little Italian Night

I decided to make risotto yet again ... this time with chicken sausage (there was a sale at my neighborhood Morton's - and I very rarely go there). Last night I slowly cooked some risotto while doing laundry to maximize efficiency:

I've been wanting to make panna cotta for quite some time; when I realized I had all the ingredients already at home, the decision to make became a no brainer. Panna cotta is my favorite dessert, it's like the Italian version of Mexican flan, Spanish crema Catalana, or even untorched French creme brulee.

There was a lot more panna cotta made than the two displayed above in the C&B glasses (purchased from Housing Works!) ... but they werent as presentable as they were made in Rubbermaid StainShield tupperware.