Pages

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Hot and Humid in New York

Banana Buttermilk Muffins

It's been so hot and humid lately in New York, and it's particularly bad when I dont turn on the AC at night ... sometimes in the morning when I wake up and go on the scale I notice myself a few lbs lighter. This is why I'm usually a few lbs lighter during the summer.

My baking frenzy has continued and I wanted to make tiramisu cupcakes over the weekend (and even picked up some kahlua for them), but I used up all my whipping cream to make the creamy pasta seen below. Related to the summer heat, the remaining two bananas that were sitting on my counter became ripe too quickly, leaving me with no choice but to make banana buttermilk muffins!

I'll have better posts to come ... I'm looking forward to this week, because hopefully this year-long (plus) project that I've been working on will have some closure and more specially, I'm taking a few personal days off this week for fun.

Creamy Zucchini Pasta with Salami and Peas
Spicy Pasta in a Ziploc Container for Lunch!

Taste-Testing a Muffin

* For someone who doesnt like the heat I do a few surprising things ... like bake dont turn on the AC when I sleep and hangout in a hot room!
** With all this heat, I want to pick up swimming again.

0 thoughts: